ACCT 557 Week 5 Homework Perfect A+ Answers
The Diamond Glitter Company is in the process of preparing its financial statements for 2012. Assume that no entries for depreciation have been recorded in 2012. The following information related to depreciation of fixed assets is provided to you.
1. The company purchased equipment on January 2, 2009, for $165000. At that time, the equipment had an estimated useful life of 7 years with a $25000 salvage value. The equipment is depreciated on a straight-line basis. On January 2, 2012, as a result of additional information, the company determined that the equipment has a remaining useful life of 3 years with a $15000 salvage value.
2. During 2012, the company changed from the double-declining-balance method for its building to the straight-line method. The building originally cost $625000. It had a useful life of 10 years and a salvage value of $50000. The following computations present depreciation on both bases for 2010 and 2011.
3. The company purchased a machine on July 1, 2010, at a cost of $450000. The machine has a salvage value of $25000 and a useful life of 10 years. The company’s bookkeeper recorded straight-line depreciation in 2010 and 2011 but failed to consider the salvage value. Ignore Tax effect.
4. The company has failed to accrue sales commissions payable at the end of each of the last 2 years, as follows.
December 31, 2011
December 31, 2012
5. In reviewing the December 31, 2011, inventory, the company discovered errors in its inventory-taking procedures that have caused inventories for the last 3 years to be incorrect, as follows. The company has already made an entry that established the incorrect December 31, 2012, inventory amount.
December 31, 2010
December 31, 2011
December 31, 2012
6. At December 31, 2012, the company decided to change to the straight -line method depreciation method on its retail display equipment from double-declining-balance. The equipment had an original cost of $250000 when purchased on January 1, 2011. It has a salvage value of 0 and a 8-year useful life. Depreciation expense recorded prior to 2012 under the double-declining-balance method was $62500. The company has already recorded 2012 depreciation expense of $46875 using the double-declining-balance method.
7. Before the current year, the company accounted for its income from long-term construction contracts on the completed-contract basis. Early this year, the company changed to the percentage-of-completion basis for accounting purposes but continues to use the completed-contract method for tax purposes. Income for the current year has been recorded using the new method. Prior year tax effects must be considered. The following information is available.
Prior to 2012
Prepare the journal entries necessary at December 31, 2012, to record the corrections and changes made to date related to the information provided. The books are still open for 2012. The income tax rate is 35%. The company has not yet recorded its 2012 income tax expense and payable amounts so current-year tax effects may be ignored.
For getting the instant digital download solution, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get ACCT 557 Week 5 Homework Perfect A+ Answers
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org