GSCM 588 Managing Quality Week 7 Course Project Final Paper Answer
GSCM 588 Managing Quality Week 7 Course Project Final Paper Answer
GSCM588 Course Project
1. Select a specific organization of interest to you and identify a quality management related problem(s) in the firm. Examples may be poor quality levels, high cost of quality, poor product/service design, high level of internal/external failures, etc. Feel free to add to this list if you need to.
2. You are taking on the role as a quality management consultant and the executives of your chosen organization have asked you to submit a recommended direction to implement a quality management initiative to address the quality management related problem(s) you identified above. For example: Six Sigma, Lean Principles, TQM, SPC, Balanced Scorecard, etc.
3. You also need to identify which of the course TCOs and specific topics in the syllabus are related to the problem you identify.
1. All papers must have a minimum of 8 scholarly sources (other than text book) cited within the text of the paper and identified in the references section.
2. Additional research sources can be attached in an appendix.
3. All sources must be in two places. They need to be identified in the reference section must also have a corresponding citation in the body of the paper and vice-versa.
4. Review the following document for instructions on how to access and use EBSCOhost for your research: EBSCOhost.
1. All papers should be single sided, double-spaced and in12-point type font Times Roman.
2. Length of the paper to be between10 – 12 pages, excluding cover page, reference pages and appendices.
3. The first page should include the title of the work, student name, address, telephone and e-mail address, course number, date, and instructor’s name.
4. Follow APA style for general format and citations.
5. Paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below and each section must be labeled in the text.
6. Language should be clear, concise, and precise.
7. Tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon.
8. Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct.
9. Report must be free of misspellings and typos.
Tables and Figures
1. All figures and tables must be referred to in your text before they appear on the page.
a. Figures and tables should appear on the same page or the next page as the text that refers to them.
2. All figures and tables need captions. Captions go below figures and above tables.
Quotations and Citations
1. Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper.
2. Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism.
3. Papers submitted without citations and references will be returned to the student with no grade.
4. Refer to APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted and/or borrowed materials and ideas.
WEEK ACTION REQUIRED
Week 1 Look forward in the weekly readings and lectures and familiarize yourself with course content and then select an organization and problem area to research for ideas.
Week 2 Submit written project proposal containing the following:
1. Follow the Example GSCM588 Final Project Proposal outline provided in Doc Sharing.
Weeks 3 through 6 Continue to work on class project; seek instructor help as required.
Conduct library research on your topic:
1. Identify a minimum of 8 scholarly resources for your project.
2. All resources for the paper should come from the DeVry library and must be of scholarly/journal quality.
3. Use the librarians for assistance in accessing materials.
Please Note: Articles found online (consulting company websites, Internet magazines, or other blogs) will not be considered an acceptable scholarly resource. Conduct your research through a library where you can be assured that the sources are of scholarly quality. For example, please do not use Wikipedia!
Week 7 Submit the completed project to the assignment area for grading
Project Requirements for Weeks 3-6
Use your Project Outline for the Week 2 assignment to develop your Project during weeks 3-6. Your completed Project paper must include the following sections:
SECTION POINTS DESCRIPTION
Title Page 5 Title of your quality management research paper, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, course number and title, instructor, and date.
Introduction 10 Provide an overview of the organization and give enough information about the firm to acquaint an unfamiliar person (no matter how famous the company). Identify name, location, size, market segment (business line), and a brief history. Identify the essential issues, events, or actions to help frame the problem and subsequent discussion points.
Problem Statement 15 Identify and clearly state the problem – the quality management issue(s) that you have selected to research.
The problem statement should identify the major reason(s) for the recommended direction to implement a quality management initiative. A well-formed problem statement has:
1. Focus – the problem should be well defined and specific enough for the reader to gain a clear idea of the quality management area and the direction of your study and research.
2. Structure – if the problem statement is sufficiently focused, it will provide a basis for decisions about which information to include and which to exclude from the paper.
3. Significance – The significance section is the area where you need to answer the magic question: “so what?” The significance makes your research worth it to the reader. It is great if you can link this more to quality/productivity issues and provide “numbers” to support your direction.
Literature Review 30 • You must address a minimum of 8 scholarly resources in this section (excluding the text).
• Provide an analysis and synthesis of the various authors from the research that significantly informed your analysis and proposed solutions.
• You may have found conflicting opinionstheories related to your topic area. Identify and discuss any such contrasts and/or describe in detail significant agreement among your sources.
• Your literature review should be separate and distinct from your analysis section; it is a summation of your research.
• The “best practices” of quality management that was covered in the course and that links with your direction should be cited in this section.
• Use sub-titles as necessary.
Analysis 30 Explore the problem in depth and with scholarly rigor.
Provide an identification and description of the potential root causes of the problem/issue. Be sure not to address only symptoms of your problem. Diagnose the problem and its origins as best as you can.
A critical element of this section is to apply the best practices of Quality Management concepts and models from the text, class discussions, and from researched sources.
Discuss the concepts, ideas, or insights that are most valuable in helping you make sense of the causes of the problem. Support your analysis with reference to appropriate research material.
Recommendations 30 Identify the quality management initiative and recommended direction that you have chosen. Explain its relevance and significance in how it will address the quality management issue(s) and reason(s) that you identified in the problem statement area.
Note: Please remember in this section you also need to touch on how they will be able to measure their success. Think of the “lead-lag” indicator concepts from the course readings and lectures.
Reflection 10 In this section, you are to reflect on your learning from this assignment. Identify the areas that you found most interesting and also identify areas that you feel will assist you most in your career.
References 10 You must use no less than 8 library resources outside your textbook.
All references must be cited in two places: within the body of your paper and on a separate reference list. Choose references judiciously and cite them accurately. Cite all sources using APA format.
Please Note: Citing an author’s work within your text documents your research, identifies the source for readers, and enables readers to locate the source of information in the alphabetical reference list at the end of the paper.
To use the ideas or words of another person without crediting the source is plagiarism. Plagiarism in its purest form involves copying passages either verbatim or nearly verbatim, with no direct acknowledgment of the source. The most common form of plagiarism is to paraphrase information from your source material. Paraphrasing does not relieve you of the obligation to provide proper identification of source data.
For getting the instant digital download solution, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get GSCM 588 Managing Quality Week 7 Course Project Final Paper Answer
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link. Please note that in case of technical glitch, the solutions will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org