Discussion 2: “Clutter Control.”
- Share the titles of the cluster groups you created (not the individual topics within each of the clusters.) (“Clustering”)
Ans: The titles of cluster groups created are:
- Telecommuting in workplace & Types of industries where telecommuting can easily be adopted
- Benefits of Telecommuting and the impact of the telecommuting on organization’s output and productivity
- The impact of telecommuting on the organizational dynamics, culture and environment
- Technology and tools used for telecommuting
- Future of telecommuting and how will it shape the industry and workplace in the future
- Share the list of topics you placed in one or two of the cluster groups.
Ans: The lists of topics to be placed in two groups are:
- What is telecommuting
- How telecommuting is being adopted in different industries and which industry is most easier to adopt the concept of telecommuting
- Constraints and limitations of telecommuting in implementing in the workplace
- Industry and Management’s views on the telecommuting
- Cost benefit analysis of telecommuting
- The impact of telecommuting on the industry or company’s outputs and deliverables
- Explain how you modified the list(s) to better serve your argument. (“Analyzing”)
Ans: Once I clustered the different groups then I started analyzing within each clustered group what topics or lists would best fit into that group. While studying the “Telecommuting in workplace & Types of industries where telecommuting can easily be adopted”, I started firstly with the definition of Telecommuting as to what does it really mean. Then the next logical step for me was to find out which all industries or company have readily adopted the telecommuting or are in the process of adopting telecommuting. This leads to constraints and limitations in adopting them. I also wanted to capture the views of industry experts about telecommuting. The next cluster group that I have selected is – “Benefits of Telecommuting and the impact of the telecommuting on organization”. This will contain topics e.g. the Cost benefit analysis of telecommuting and then what impact does it have on the deliverables or the outputs of the various processes. This would be crucial to understand before the telecommuting can make inroads into many companies’ workplace.
- Show how you would order the list of modified topics – this is the beginning of your outline for the paper. (“Prioritizing”).
Ans: The order of the modified topics can be prioritized as:
– What is telecommuting?
– Applicability in different industries and companies
– Constraints and Limitations
– Impact and benefit of telecommuting on the organization
– Future of telecommuting and how will it shape the industry and workplace in the future
– Technology and tools used for telecommuting
– Future of telecommuting
– How will it shape the industry and workplace in the future